- Got patchwork skills? I'm currently seeking member volunteers to run regular meeting workshops in January and March. I need quilters who can cover topics such as "Conquering Y-Seams", "Piecing Curves," "Free-motion Quilting on Your Home Machine," "Sewing a Perfect 1/4'' Seam"/"Patchwork Basics Bootcamp." Never taught a workshop before? Don't think you're an expert? You probably ARE an expert and don't know it. If you're willing to look up a traditional block that includes a Y-seam, practice it a few times on your own time, and show us how to do it in a meeting, you're an expert! Bonus points if you can show us how to turn our workshop sample into a finished product such as a pillow or pouch. Please contact Laura if you are interested.
- If you have signed up to volunteer at the Gathering: Please remember to save your validated parking receipts (all-day parking is validated by the show and will cost $5) and the guild will reimburse you for parking on the day(s) you are volunteering at the show. I will distribute information about picking up your entry passes to the show next week, but no volunteer should have to pay to enter the show on the day they work. If you have not received your guild t-shirt, it will be available at the show starting on Wednesday afternoon. For your volunteer shift, please wear either your SMQG t-shirt or, if you plan to wear an apron, a navy blue shirt of your choice, and pants or skirt of your choice (it is OK to layer your shirt over a long-sleeved shirt). Please remember to wear your guild nametag!
- If you signed up to help hang the show on Wednesday November 4, please plan to meet at the Manchester Radisson sometime between 12 pm and 3 pm and work until around 6 pm that evening.
- If you have a quilt in the Gathering show, you may pick it up at the November 14 meeting. Please contact Mary if you cannot attend this meeting.
- Lined Drawstring Bag Swap!: If you would like to participate in the Lined Drawstring Bag Swap for our end-of-year celebration in December, please contact Mary as soon as possible and include the following: 1) your name, 2) favorite fabrics/colors/designers, 3) favorite notion or notion you've always wanted to try. Mary will be distributing your partner information soon, so if you haven't yet let her know that you want to participate, please do so now.
- November meeting is November 14, 10a-12pm, at the Newmarket NH Public Library. There is ample free parking behind the library; the library opens at 10 so you won't want to be too early. On the agenda for this meeting: voting on our 2016 officers and bylaw revisions (please see the previous blog post and emails from Judy for details). After our business meeting, we will have show and tell. Remember Allison's gorgeous QAYG scrap quilt? She'll be giving a QAYG demo at the November meeting, so you'll be equipped to make your own scrap quilt! The lottery block is still Berene's Spooky Eyes block.
If you have ANY questions, or think that I've forgotten ANY details, please email me and ask, or let me know! I can't wait to see many of you at our show last week.